Thursday 10 January 2008

Back on solids

I know the New Year has pretty much set in for good (in terms of "phew it's all over let's start again") when I change what I'm reading... During periods of extreme stress, like Christmas and, say, being tax-audited, I find my reading matter becomes like comfort food - lots of Stephen King and kids' books. But finally HURRAH I found myself starting to drool slightly at the thought of a novel that apparently is written in the form of a crossword puzzle. Or one that is written as three encyclopedias so you have to leap from one cross-reference to another to follow the plot. This is a bit like a convalescing invalid saying weakly "I think I could manage a little toast today rather than that gruel..." - but, y'know, as long as she's actually back on solid food again...

No comments: